European Academy of Sociology
Annual Lectures at Meetings of the European Academy of Sociology
- October 26-27, 2001, Paris: Second regular meeting.
First Annual Lecture: Raymond Boudon: "Sociology that Really Matters"
- November 11-12, 2002, Paris: .Third regular meeting.
Second Annual Lecture: Wolfgang Schluchter: "The Sociology of Law as an Empirical Theory of Validity"
- October 25-26, 2003, Paris: Fourth regular meeting.
Third Annual Lecture: John Goldthorpe: "Sociology as Social Science: Some further Thoughts"
- October 23-24, 2004, Paris: Fifth regular meeting.
Fourth Annual Lecture: Peter Sztompka: "Sociology among other Sciences. Crossing Borders and Tearing DownWalls"
- October 22-23, 2005, Paris: Sixth regular meeting.
Fifth Annual Lecture: Gudmund Hernes “Lost in Translation”
- October 21-22, 2006, Oxford, Nuffield College: Seventh regular meeting.
Sixth Annual Lecture: Lord Dahrendorf “The Rise of Meritocracy Revisited”
Presentation by Michael Hechter “Alien Rule and its Discontents”
Presentation by Hartmut Esser “Language Acquisition and Ethnic Inequality”
- October 24-25, 2008, Paris: Eighth regular meeting.
Seventh Annual Lecture: Peter Abell “History, Case Statistics and Causality”
Short Lecture Stathis Kalyvas “What Have We Learned About Civil Wars in the Past Ten Years?”
Short Lecture Rolf Ziegler “The Kula Ring of Bronislaw Malinowski – Co- evolution of an Economic and Ceremonial Exchange System”
- October 23-24, 2009, Paris; Ninth regular meeting.
Eighth Annual Lecture: Tom Snijders Network Dynamics in the Micro-macro Link”
Short Lecture Siegwart Lindenberg “The Power of Cues: Governing via the Environment”
Short Lecture Andreas Diekmann “Signalling Theory and Social Norms”